7.13.2010

owl mobile

A few weeks ago our son pulled down his bird mobile in his room when I was holding him up to "see" the birds more closely. I decided it was time for a change anyway and relocated the birdies (you'll see in a future post where they went!). I had a good idea what I wanted to do, but just needed the time to do it. Last night was the night! While I watched Temple Grandin  (LOVED IT! Here is a video of the real Dr. Grandin), I cut, stitched and hot glued this little owl mobile. If you have not seen the movie yet, get it on your DVR or in your Netflix queue ASAP! It has nothing to do with owls...
Do you recognize the wing fabric?
Over the 4th of July weekend when we went to visit some friends in Tahoe, my son and I walked around and collected some sticks and moss. I LOVE the beautiful color of moss! When we lived in near Tahoe I collected some moss covered sticks and displayed them proudly on my mantle--much to my husband's dismay! When we were packing to move, I had a hard time parting my with mossy sticks (am I loony or just passionate?)

Well now I have an excuse to display moss!
When I found this particular stick I just knew it needed to have an owl perched upon it! The bowl shape of it just called for an owl. There are an abundance of owls in the stores and on the web of late. My little man loves owls (or pretty much anything that flys) and says "owl!" and "whhhhhooo whhhhhooo!" when he sees them, so it is a perfect fit for him!

I have a few more sticks that we collected that are calling out for some felt wildlife so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

dear readers, i love your comments & questions! if you prefer you may e-mail me : aprilscraftnest at gmail dot com