9.04.2010

easy frame project

This is probably the easiest, simplest, fastest project I've ever done.
I wanted to turn this old $3 frame from the thrift store into another mirror for my mirror wall. So I spray painted it flat black and then went to Lowe's to get it outfitted with a mirror. The cheapest / smallest mirror that you can get cut is over $10, so I said "No thank you" and went home. I decided that I could make something else with it. I cleaned off the glass and was going to make a "white" board to write messages on, but I decided against that since I didn't want a white board pen hanging next to it.

So I decided to break out the scrap book paper and found some fall-ish designs: black and white leaves clouds. I added brown ribbon between the papers, free handed the letters
l-o-v-e and cut them out of the leaf designed paper and I stuck the glass back in.  Less than 20 minutes, not counting the spray painting of the frame, and Voila-Done!. Easy-peasy. I can even change it out according to the season and holidays...if I remember :)

Man, our house looks really traditional from this angle. One day I'll fix that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

dear readers, i love your comments & questions! if you prefer you may e-mail me : aprilscraftnest at gmail dot com