1.24.2011

valentines for our neighbors

 I wanted to make a little something for a couple of the neighbor kids for Valentine's Day. I saw this play dough recipe over at How Does She? and knew that along with her great idea to use Target's baby food containers, this was it!
I used an old citrus bag to bundle up a few for a larger family.
 I'll talk about the little play dough heart tags in another post.

To make the label, I just used my small hole punch around the edge of white paper and then layered red paper underneath. The little hearts are from a heart punch.  Then I just "glue-sticked" them on the container.
 A while back I bought these cute little pig containers over at the Dollar Store and just let my son play with them (take the lid on and off...). Now I finally have the perfect use for them, as I knew I would never use them for food (you, know the always reliable "China lead and other toxins thing" and all).
We sure had fun with this play dough! And it's true--it IS the best recipe I've ever used for play dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment

dear readers, i love your comments & questions! if you prefer you may e-mail me : aprilscraftnest at gmail dot com