9.26.2011

bird magazine art

I realized a few days ago that I had not handmade anything for my niece's upcoming 14th birthday! I always try to make at least one thing for her, although it is getting harder and harder to find things a teenager wants that her auntie can make her! I think it will be money and gift cards in addition to a handmade gift from here on out!
I remembered that I saw some interesting bird art on canvas the other day over at Crap I've Made. I thought perhaps a teen may appreciate some collage art with a twist (fingers crossed) so I tried it out. '

I like how the paint crackled since there are so many layers of paint. I did not go through the extra steps that Char did. Once the paint was dry, I went over it with another layer of Modge Podge (love that stuff!). Thanks for the great idea Char!

I hope our niece likes it!

2 comments:

dear readers, i love your comments & questions! if you prefer you may e-mail me : aprilscraftnest at gmail dot com